The best quality-price ratio for 100% composite by Océwood. Single surface board with a geometrical, contemporary design.
Optimised quality-price ratio
How can I build composite decking from quality material with a contemporary design, in the most economical way possible?
Simply by using the Optima range, Océwood® composite board which has the same resistance and the same mechanical characteristics as our other ranges while at the same time being:
- Single surface, and therefore lighter
- Wide enough to require less boards per square metre for the same decking area
- Designed to be perfectly integrated into the Optima clip, a real time saver when installing your deck.
The advantages of the Optima composite board
With their cellular profile, Océwood® boards have excellent inertia.
The Optima clip offers a 30% gain in installation time thanks to its quick and easy action.
With a low resumption of humidity, the Océwood boards resist well the bad weather and are adapted to the saline environment.
Océwood composite is machined in the same way as wood, which is ideal for cutting.
The highly contemporary shape of the Optima boards makes it a stylish & trendy range.
The use of special pigments for the darker colours reduces the temperature rise by 10°C. The board cells ventilate the board.
Extruded and made with a flax meal base, Océwood® boards do not splinter, unlike natural wood.
All Océwood® composite boards are made in France, in our factory in the Vendée area.
... for elegant composite decking in all circumstances
With a unique appearance and quality that is durable over the long term, Optima composite range of decking ensures elegance and warmth in your outdoor living space. Its 2 highly graphic colours allow you to select a deck that is in harmony with your environment, whatever its style.
The 2 colours in the Optima range:
Low colour variation
Thanks to its composition of 40% natural fiber (flax) - 60% PVC, and its mass pigmentation, Océwood composite retains its colour over time.
The finesse of the wood powder used by Océwood prevents the appearance of unsightly white spots.
For the areas that are exposed to the sun...
As for any type of material, the dark colours absorb more heat from the sun than light colours, particularly for highly exposed areas.
The OCEWOOD® composite decking board is cellular. It does not retain heat in the same way as a solid composite board, thus facilitating a return to a tolerable temperature thanks to its interior ventilation.
Patented Optima Clip
Developed to facilitate board installation, the Optima clip for Océwood composite boards is asymmetrical and fulfils several functions:
- Its flexible seal prevents the board slipping when it expands
- Its 2 fins absorb the board's lateral expansion. There is no need to measure the required expansion space, the Optima clip does it for you.
- Its special ergonomy allows you to screw one side and clip the other, to allow quick, comfortable and effective deck installation.
- It is unobtrusive, and hardly visible once the deck installation is finished. This allows an aesthetic, uncluttered appearance.
- Easy to dismantle: You only unscrew one line of clips to remove the adjacent boards. You then just have to reposition the clips at their original place, between the boards, and rescrew them to refit your planks.
- MATERIAL: 100% Composite
- TYPE: Single face board
- FINISH: Grooved
- DIMENSIONS: 161 X 26 mm
- LENGTH: 3 metres
- FIXINGS: Optima Clip
- WEIGHT: 2.80 kg /linear metre
- LINEAR METRE: 6ml/m²
- GUARANTEE: Commercial guarantee 10 years
As for all composite wood products, the OPTIMA decking boards expand and contract according to variations in temperature and damp.
It is therefore necessary to allow a longitudinal expansion spaces at the end of your boards when installing them.
Expansion clearance in mm:
(L): Length of decking in metres
(D): Peripheral expansion in mm
The Optima board settles down exclusively with the associated Optima clips.
Find the details of the Optiml clip in the "Fixing" chapter of this page.
"To ensure a well laid decking above all you need well laid joists".
Installing the joists is definitely the most important operation in the installation of your decking.
Look after the outlines of your terrace Océwood with our flexible or rigid angle profiles!